Now in its seventh year of post-construction development, the Hamilton Wetlands Restoration Project (HWRP) is...
ESA is a recognized national leader in wetland restoration planning and design, having completed more than 600 restoration plans and analyses of coastal, tidal, riverine, seasonal, transitional, and freshwater wetlands.
We pioneered some of the earliest wetland restoration projects in San Francisco Bay in the 1970s and, since then, have successfully implemented many complex, large-scale tidal marsh restorations and monitored post-restoration performance all along the West and Gulf Coasts. This experience enables us to anticipate potential issues, integrate multiple objectives, and build support from stakeholders and the scientific community.
Related specialties and services:
- Blue Carbon assessments
- Construction observation and monitoring
- Design drawings and specifications
- Design specifications and construction bid packages
- Ecosystem restoration and enhancement planning
- Engineering design
- Environmental permitting and compliance
- Feasibility studies
- Multi-benefit flood risk reduction
- Planning and conceptual design
- Sea level rise implications & adaptation
- Sediment transport and geomorphology
Connect with Our Team
News & Ideas
We are happy to announce four new members to ESA's Board of Directors and three...
Constructed in 2017, this project is a successful example of a true landscape-scale restoration that...
Located on the Delta’s western edge in Contra Costa County, just east of Oakley, the...
The Washington State Legislature passed a two-year $59 billion budget and several major pieces of...
Our design team has restored many projects, but the dramatic transformation of the Calistoga Elementary...