ESA is a recognized national leader in wetland restoration planning and design, having completed more than 600 restoration plans and analyses of coastal, tidal, riverine, seasonal, transitional, and freshwater wetlands.
We pioneered some of the earliest wetland restoration projects in San Francisco Bay in the 1970s and, since then, have successfully implemented many complex, large-scale tidal marsh restorations and monitored post-restoration performance all along the West and Gulf Coasts. This experience enables us to anticipate potential issues, integrate multiple objectives, and build support from stakeholders and the scientific community.
Related specialties and services:
- Construction observation and monitoring
- Design drawings and specifications
- Design specifications and construction bid packages
- Ecosystem restoration and enhancement planning
- Engineering design
- Environmental permitting and compliance
- Feasibility studies
- Multi-benefit flood risk reduction
- Planning and conceptual design
- Sea level rise implications & adaptation
- Sediment transport and geomorphology