Climate Action Plans
Climate action plans (CAPs) detail the steps local municipalities can take to do their part in reducing their contributions to climate change.
ESA’s innovative community benefits-based approach establishes a framework specifically tailored to each client that incorporates local planning priorities into climate change mitigation and adaptation measures.
Our planners focus on plans that deliver measurable benefits in public health and safety, economic development, and resiliency, as well as reducing emissions—all the while staying abreast of rapidly evolving regulations.
Related specialties and services:
- Adaptive pathways analyses
- California AB 32, SB 32, and CEQA streamlining
- CAP implementation monitoring and emissions tracking tools
- Greenhouse gas inventories and emissions reduction programs
- Public outreach and stakeholder engagement
Across the spectrum of climate hazards the impacts of climate change will fall hardest on those who are historically over-burdened and most susceptible, including the elderly, infants and children; people and communities of color; and people living in poverty.