Autumn has over 15 years of experience in the aviation field. She has a strong background in environmental planning, airport facility planning, and aviation safety. Her project experience has included facilities ranging in size from small general aviation airports to major large-hub air carrier airports in the United States and abroad.
1. What is your favorite ESA moment?
My baby shower. I felt so loved and really part of a family. They personalized everything (right down to the paper airplane well wishes – since I’m part of the airports group) and it was such a sweet celebration.
2. How does working for an employee-owned company make you more accountable?
I know that we’re responsible for our bottom line. The success, or failure, of ESA rests on all of our shoulders. Since we’re not working to help make external stock holders rich, and really working for ourselves, it makes me much more accountable. I genuinely care about the success of ESA.
3. What is the first thing you will do when you retire?
Throw away my alarm clock!
4. Is there one trip that you have planned / hoped to do when you retire?
My husband and I would love to go on a cruise around the world.
5. If you had one free hour each day, how would you use it?
6. If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
Warning: Contents under pressure.
7. If you were a Disney character which one would you be?
Mary Poppins – she makes everything look so easy.
8. What was your first job?
I worked for a Cemetery. We had to cold call people and offer them free burial services. It was awful, and I only lasted there for two weeks.
9. What has been your favorite vacation?
I love to travel, so I love this question. I have a few, so it’s hard to pick, but I’ve narrowed it down to two.
A few years ago, I went with my Dad to Germany, Czech Republic, and Poland. Growing up, he would take us somewhere every year, so it was really nice to go on a big trip with him as an adult.
My husband and I went on a Baltic cruise for our honeymoon, which included Estonia and Russia (as well as Denmark, Germany, Finland, Sweden, and the Netherlands). We love experiencing other cultures, and going to both Estonia and Russia were the highlights of our trip.
10. What is at the top of your bucket list?
Travel, if you couldn’t guess!