Brian serves as a Project Manager for all levels of CEQA and NEPA documentation for a wide variety of development projects, including sports arenas, mixed-use/urban infill projects, large-scale residential and specific plan developments, parks, trails, medical facilities, industrial facilities, waste management, stormwater, water and wastewater infrastructure, and coastal development projects.
1. What is your favorite ESA moment/memory so far?
I have three favorite memories so far:
- Shortly after the ESA/PCR merger, we were invited to the ESA Los Angeles office for a meeting followed by a ping pong happy hour at the Standard Hotel. The happy hour event was a success and I really enjoyed meeting the welcoming staff from ESA.
- Attending a Los Angeles Lakers game at Staples Center with various ESA staff.
- I really enjoyed participating in the Project Management Trainings in San Diego and Los Angeles.
2. What does it mean to you to be part of an employee-owned company?
It means that we are all individually responsible for our company’s financial growth and success. Being an employee-owner also means that I have a voice that is heard.
3. What has been your favorite job in your career and why?
My favorite job before graduating college was working as a personal trainer on campus at Cal Poly, SLO. While I enjoyed working at RBF Consulting and PCR, working as a Project Manager at ESA has been my favorite job. I really enjoy working with the people here at ESA.
4. What keeps you coming to work here at ESA every day?
The people here at ESA keep me coming back to work every day. I also really enjoy managing projects.
5. What is your hidden talent?
I have played drums since I was 12 years old. I have played in dozens of rock bands over the years. Another hidden talent is that I’m a Super FUNCLE (“Fun Uncle”).
6. What’s your favorite thing to do when you are out of the office?
I have a list: lifting weights, playing sports (basketball, soccer, volleyball), watching the Los Angeles Lakers, spending time on the beach, wakeboarding/boating, and spending time with my family and friends.
7. What are three skills that you bring to the ESA team? In other words, what should colleagues know to reach out to you about?
- Expertise and knowledge in the preparation of all levels of CEQA and NEPA documentation.
- Skilled in project entitlements and tracking and ensuring project compliance with conditions of approval and local, state, and federal agency coordination.
- Strong communication skills, organized, and reliable.
- Business development and marketing.
8. Share a personal fact no one would ever guess about you.
When I was young, I scored a basketball lay up over Michael Jordan during a youth basketball camp. I also met Kobe Bryant, my all-time favorite athlete at church on my 32nd birthday.
9. If you had one free hour each day, how would you use it?
Playing sports and/or exercising.
10. What is the greatest bit of advice a parent or mentor has given you?
Work hard and play hard.