Jocelyn is a dot-connector for all of ESA’s offices, working with our technical professionals to share our story with clients and partners, as well as internally to our employee-owners.
1. What is your favorite ESA moment/memory so far?
When I think back over the last three years here, two major projects come to mind: the Florida State Expenditure Plan report layout, review, and production, and the new website launch for our 50th anniversary. Both of these projects involved a lot of project management and coordination across disciplines and offices. I am especially proud to have been a part of the SEP, as it will have a long-lasting effect on many Gulf Coast restoration efforts.
2. What does it mean to you to be part of an employee-owned company?
Employee ownership means that regardless of our level in the company, we all have a stake in ESA’s destiny and success. By making a concerted effort to align my annual goals to the firm’s strategic initiatives, I am motivated to play my part to the best of my ability. ESA is counting on me, and I’m invested in its future, in every sense of that word.
3. What has been your favorite job in your career and why?
ESA doesn’t count, right? Let me think…When I was in high school, I worked as a teller at the local Wells Fargo Bank. Not only was it super fun to play with thousands of dollars of cash every day, I learned a lot about customer service, managing finances responsibly, and I can do a wicked fast 10-key. Working with a new person at my window every five minutes and handling something so personal as their money definitely shaped my interpersonal skills that I use daily in my career on ESA’s communications team.
4. What keeps you coming to work here at ESA every day?
The people! I am so fortunate that my position means I get to work with all of our practices and offices. There are so many creative, brilliant minds here and I get so much joy from connecting with them and sharing their stories within ESA and with our clients.
5. What’s your favorite thing to do when you are out of the office?
A family hike in Pt. Reyes National Seashore or another regional park. I have two young sons and a ultra-marathon-runner husband that have plenty of energy to burn. More importantly, we want to share the beauty of nature with our kids so that they appreciate why we need to take better care of it.
6. What are three skills that you bring to the ESA team? In other words, what should colleagues know to reach out to you about?
- Using InDesign for proposals and reports (and how it can actually work with Word!)
- Content marketing strategies
- Writing and editing
7. Do you have any special talents?
I am a member of an improv comedy troupe in the North Bay. I started taking classes a couple years ago (highly recommend for professional reasons!), and was invited to start performing on the main stage shortly after. I love it!
8. Share a personal fact no one would ever guess about you.
I am 100% Italian, but my married name hides it.
9. If you had one free hour each day, how would you use it?
I would reconnect with friends and family, near and far.
10. If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
Warning: fast talker.
11. What is the greatest bit of advice a parent or mentor has given you?
My dad used to work as an office manager, and he always made a point to greet everyone at the office every day. He said it threw some people off at first, but as time went by, it changed the culture of the office and opened up the door for communication for the big stuff.
Jocelyn is all smiles during her very first performance as part of an improv comedy troupe.